Delphi TOC

Hi,

I have looked at the Demos for building a Table Of Contents (TOC). What I am trying to do is build a TOC for my report which is mainly constructed from within Delphi rather than the designer's pascal script, as my data is not stored in a database. In fact the whole report is built in Delphi code with only static stuff on the actual report designs.

I am using the reports 'OnManualBuild' event handler to build my report by adding master bands in Delphi code. How do I build a TOC with page numbers for each master band added ? There' doesnt seem to be access to "Engine.AddAnchor(xyz)" or a "Report.Engine.AddAnchor(xyz)" when in Delphi code.

What I have tried is calling "Engine.AddAnchor(<TOC_Entry>);" from within OBP event handler of the master data band on my main report page. The master data bands are printed, but no TOC entry is printed. The report is Double Pass. In the designer, I have TOC page with text labels within a masterdata band. In the second main data page I have another master data band that lists the main report data.

All my values come from report variables so I use the report's OnGetValue event handler for all data in the report.

Any help on how to create a TOC page in Delphi would be much appreciated,

Thanks
Bill.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 7:19AM
    bill build your own script file and add procedures as you as you need them and connect to them
    ie
    frxreport1.Clear;
    // working with a basic starting script
    frxreport1.LoadFromFile('testscriptvars2.fr3');
    // initially the code page contains only
    {begin

end.}
    frxreport1.ScriptText.Clear; // clear existing script text
    //create code page variables to be used in report internal events
    frxreport1.ScriptText.Add('var'); //add to top of page
    // used a loop but you wlll probably want to use individual
    // enties to make names more meaningfull
    for i := 1 to 3 do
    begin
    // use ScriptText.add('')method to add the varname and type declartion
    frxreport1.ScriptText.Add('myvar'+inttostr(i)+': string;');
    end;
    // add a procedure to to script
    frxreport1.ScriptText.Add('procedure MasterData1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);');
    frxreport1.ScriptText.Add('Begin');
    frxreport1.ScriptText.Add('if <Line#> = 2 then memo2.text := '+''''+''+''''+';');
    frxreport1.ScriptText.Add('end;');
    // cleanup end of script and initialize vars
    // this block of code is processed when report starts.
    frxreport1.ScriptText.Add('Begin');
    // initialize variable values here
    frxreport1.ScriptText.Add('myvar1:='+''''+'Hello world'+''''+';');
    // connect masterdata1 obp event to procedure
    frxreport1.ScriptText.Add('masterData1.OnbeforePrint :='+''''+'MasterData1OnBeforePrint'+''''+';');
    frxreport1.ScriptText.Add('end.');
    // alternate way to connect procedure
    {bnd:= frxreport1.FindObject('MasterData1');
    tfrxMasterdata(bnd).OnBeforePrint := 'MasterData1OnBeforePrint';}
    // i use the line below so i can check what i have added
    if cb1.Checked then frxreport1.DesignReport else frxreport1.ShowReport;
    end;
  • edited 7:19AM
    Thanks Gordon for your reply.

Although I learnt something new today from your reply about FR, I eventually managed to do what I wanted to do using just the script below.

For anyone whos interested, in Delphi I then just had to write the OnGetValue (to populate the variable 'TOC_Caption') and the OnManualBuild event handler to build the main report and TOC pages as needed.

Thanks
    Bill.

procedure MasterData1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
    begin
    Engine.AddAnchor(<TOC_Caption>);
    end;

procedure mmoTOCPageNoOnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
    begin
    mmoTOCPageNo.Memo.Text:=IntToStr(Engine.GetAnchorPage(<TOC_Caption>));
    end;

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.