PDF Garbage Sometimes

pinbotpinbot Texas
edited 4:10PM in FastReport .NET

I have a asp.net web page that generates an invoice and returns the .pdf inline in the browser.

I have a c# program that reads the web page and puts the contents as an attachement to an email.

The email also has a link to the original page that generated the attachment.

I send several hundred emails a month this way (.pdf as attachment and a link to the page that generates the attachment).

Every month 1 or 2 people have a problem reading from the link. I can click on the link and it's fine. Other people can click on the link and it's fine. Sometimes it works for the same person so I'm not thinking it's just the one person's browser, or his copy of Acrobat Reader.

Just spoke to one guy. His attachment was ok but when he clicks the link the .pdf contents are garbage. He faxed me what his looks like (attached). Also included is what it looks like when I click on the same link. I've obscured his name.

Has anyone has this (or similar) problem?

Comments

• edited 4:10PM
    Hello,

Try to use font embedding in the PDF export, it may help.
  • edited 4:10PM
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Try to use font embedding in the PDF export, it may help.

I had this same problem and it fixed it for me.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 4:10PM

Yes.

I believe that fixed it for me as well.

I should have posted that earlier.

Bryan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.