Two page report

I have to make a report which have two pages. First page has customer information and some detail rows. Second side has more detail rows and at the end total sums and filling instructions, actually a two side paper meant to be filled by writing. These two sides are repeated until the dataset is empty. I made a two side report but the problem is that first comes the first pages and then the last, like page1, page1, page1,... page2, page2, page2. I found one example but could not make it work. Any suggestions?

Rgs.
Pauli

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 6:16AM
    set report print options collate to true.
  • edited 6:16AM
    gordk wrote: »
    set report print options collate to true.

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it, but the collation seems not to have any effect. I made a dataset of 6 records and a report of two pages almost the same. On both there is pageheader and masterdata. Master data band is so high that only two of records can fit to a page. When I preview the report I expect to get page1, page2, page1, page2, page1, page2, two rows in each. What I get is page1, page1, page1, page2, page2, page2, two rows in each page. Collation does not change anything. So what should be done is to be able to tell the generator, that when page1 is full, fill page2 and when it is full start from page1 all over. How can I do that?
    there is the possibility that your design idea is wrong and that it should be a single page design, where you control which bands are printing by writing script code in events of bands.

multi design page reports usually have a dataset connected to the tfrx component which controls the number of times a report is run and the collate setting would cause all output of design page 1 to print and then all out put of design page 2 to be output.
    Yes, that is how it works. I cannot easily find any application for such a report. Just imaging e.g. first 3 sides of an invoice are like page1 and last 2 like page2. Maybe some many page brochure. But imagine a many page product leaflet, one could thick to use that but it would not work. How it now works, do not seem to be very useful.

My case is a normal two page report, front side and back side printed in duplex printer, although both sides should be repeated as long as there are records in the the dataset. Starting to code is at least now too much work, so I start looking for other report generators.

Can someone give me an example where FastReport multipage report connected to a dataset can be used.
    Yes, that is how it works. I cannot easily find any application for such a report. Just imaging e.g. first 3 sides of an invoice are like page1 and last 2 like page2. Maybe some many page brochure. But imagine a many page product leaflet, one could thick to use that but it would not work. How it now works, do not seem to be very useful.

My case is a normal two page report, front side and back side printed in duplex printer, although both sides should be repeated as long as there are records in the the dataset. Starting to code is at least now too much work, so I start looking for other report generators.

Can someone give me an example where FastReport multipage report connected to a dataset can be used.

I have the same problem, page 1 page 1 page 1, page 2 page 2 page 2 page 3 page 3 page 3, did you find a solution?
    as i said earlier the design is probably wrong.
    design page 1 prints on front and back of paper (set page to duplex), the number of detail records that can fit on any side of the page is 2 so in the obp event of the detailband code to start a new page is written, if <line#> mod3 = 0 then egine.newpage;
    this will produce duplex output of first design page
    design page 2 is probably identical except some fields are hidden (price ext etc.. the packing slip).
    this page gets the same code as above and you add code to the onbeginpage event of
    design page2 to reset the dataset to the first record, if using same detail dataset.
    this prints 1 invoice for 1 customer
    the same holds true if you want more design pages.
    now you set the report components dataset property to a frxuserdataset
    you will probably want to run a query to set up the record count property
    and write code for the userdataset events to filter or limit the datasets used in the report pages.
    hope this helps.
    I solved the problem so that I print several two page reports.
    There are 17 rows in one two page report 9+8. So I filter first from the dataset with dataset filter rows 1-17 and print the two page report. Then I filter next 17 rows and print the report and so on. There will be several printing jobs but it works. Page numbers, intermediate totals etc. have to be taken care of "manually". The only problem is that someone can put a printing job between those of the report and then you have to sort the pages manually.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.