VCL FR3 --> .NET FR4

Hi folks,

Sorry for the cross-post but I guess I should have put it here in the first place...

I have a project that was built in Delphi 7 using (vcl) fr3 for reporting. For various reasons we've had to switch to ms visual studio 2008 for the next release, and I would like to know if I can reuse the old reports. I know that v3-->v4 is no problem, but what happens if I'm also switching platform? There is some code in a few of the reports, so that will have to be ported to c#, no big deal. How about the forms themselves and the data sources?

cheers,
Nelson

Comments

• edited 9:05AM
    Hello,

You may use the converter tool that reads .fr3 file and saves it in the .frx format:

http://www.fast-report.com/pbc_download/files/fr3tofrx.exe

This converter does not perform 100% conversion; you need to change the .frx file. The following items are not converted:
    - script (you need to convert pascal code to c# code)
    - expressions (you need to convert pascal functions like Copy, Pos, ... to C# functions)
    - data fields (add datasources, replace < > with [ ])
    - totals (you have to replace aggregate functions like Sum, Min, Max with totals - you need to create the total in the "Data" window)
    - charts and vertical bands are not converted
    - cross-tab is not converted
  • edited 9:05AM
    Not 100% as you say, but still close enough to save me over a month's work... time to give it a test drive.

Thanks for the answer!

Nelson
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

You may use the converter tool that reads .fr3 file and saves it in the .frx format:

http://www.fast-report.com/pbc_download/files/fr3tofrx.exe

This converter does not perform 100% conversion; you need to change the .frx file. The following items are not converted:
    - script (you need to convert pascal code to c# code)
    - expressions (you need to convert pascal functions like Copy, Pos, ... to C# functions)
    - data fields (add datasources, replace < > with [ ])
    - totals (you have to replace aggregate functions like Sum, Min, Max with totals - you need to create the total in the "Data" window)
    - charts and vertical bands are not converted
    - cross-tab is not converted

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.