Sending data to subreport

Hello everybody,

I make my first steps to FastReport.net. Unfortunately there is an issue which is not explained in the manual. Or I didn't find it. :-)

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 and I develop in Visual Basic.

I have a report with a subreport in it.
First thing I tried: I did "bind" the subreport to a data source. This works fine.
Second thing I tried: I want to "send" data directly to the subreport. No clue how to do this. Are the any code snipplets I can spy on?
Background: I want to mix up the data in VB and send the whole DataSet to the subreport. Is this possible? If yes, how is this done?

Greetings
Peter

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Hello Peter,

Please explain in detail what you mean by "send data to subreport". Did you tried to do as described in the programmer's manual, "Working with Windows.Forms/Using the Report component in Visual Studio"?
  • edited 8:29PM
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello Peter,

Please explain in detail what you mean by "send data to subreport". Did you tried to do as described in the programmer's manual, "Working with Windows.Forms/Using the Report component in Visual Studio"?

Hi AlexTZ,

yes I did. This worked fine.

I manage to solve the problem myself. It was easier than I thought. Sometimes I think to complex instead of trying the easy way. :-)

Thanks for the help
    Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.