Installing FastReport 4 on Delphi 2007 and 2009

edited 4:58PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi,

Can someone please help me with a Step by Step procedure to install FastReports 4 on multiple versions of Delphi on my developer machine?

I am running Delphi 7, Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009

Regards
Marius

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:58PM
    Marius
    assuming you used default folders for installation.
    run fr's uninstaller.
    delete the FastReport 4 folder
    dl the fr d12 version installer for d2009 make sure you unblock it.
    run using default installation paths. this builds the d12lib folder and files

now run the fr recompiler select the delphi compiler to use and then recompile all packages
    you may have to recompile changing t chart version depending upon tchart levels

repeat for other delphi versions
    do not try to run the demos from different delphi versions in the folder in which they are installed
    copy them out to other folders for other versions.

• edited 4:58PM
    Hello Gord,

Thank you for trying to assist me.

I have completed the process above exactly and can still not get FastReport to be installed in all the Delphi environments.

This is the procedure I followed.
    - Uninstall Fast Report using the Uninstall.exe
    - Deleted the FastReport folder from my machine
    - The FastReport Installer was downloaded (fr4_7_163_d12s.exe)
    - I ran the Installer with defaults
    - I then run the recompiler and select Delphi 7
    - Run the Recompiler with Delphi 2007 selected

This then created two new Sub Folders ie. LibD7 and LibD11

They contain only limited files. (frxrcClass.pas, frxrcDesgn.pas, frxrcExports.pas, frxrcInsp.pas, mk.bat, mkall.bat, frxrcClass.xml, frxrcDesgn.xml, frxrcExports.xml, frxrcInsp.xml)

So I thought maybe they are installed, so I start up my Delphi 2007, and they are not installed. Then I thought maybe I need to Install the components using Install Component, but there are no bpl files created (or at least not what I can find)

The only version of FastReport that is correctly installed is the Delphi 2009 version.

Do you have any other pointers for me, please.

Regards
    Marius

PS. It would be nice if Fast Reports Inc, can update there installers to work more easily for Multiple Version installs, to for instance TMS Software's installers, which is a breez to install into multiple versions of Delphi.
    Hi,

i also have always the problem, that if i have to work with Delphi 7 or Delphi 2010, i always have to uninstall FR for the other Delphi-Version. Why not make one installer for all Delphi-Versions with checkboxes for the desired Delphi-Versions?

Regards
    Frank
    I have a same problem with Turbo Delphi 2006 Professional and RAD Studio 2010. After install FR for D14 i recompile for BDS2006 but FR is not visible in Turbo IDE. Please help or make better installer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.