PDF Export: RichEdit

edited 2:53AM in FastReport 4.0
Hi

I'm using fast reports for a while now this is the first time I'm having a problem and can't find a post for the solution.

I have a report that uses a Rich Edit when previewing or printing it looks right but when exporting to pdf the text goes blurry is there a property that needs to be changed or is it just the way rtf are exported to pdf thats causing the problem?

Can someone please help on this.

Thanks.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 2:53AM
    it is a limitation of the export rtf objects are exported as bmps.
    see the user manual for limitations of the export filters
  • edited 2:53AM
    gordk wrote: »
    it is a limitation of the export rtf objects are exported as bmps.
    see the user manual for limitations of the export filters

There are a forecast when the pdf exporter will to export rich text as formated text and not bitmap? The size of final pdf is larger that when we use a external exporter like CutPdf (as a printer driver) . Another drawback is the fact the text cannot be copied/pasted from the final pdf (since it's an image) This feature will be very welcome.
    Hi,

we need this feature (PDF Export filter: export richtext as formated text) too.
    Is there a chance that this feature becomes soon part of the pdf export filter?

Thx in Advance.
  • Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    Agreed, the feature is highly desirable, even if the final PDF result is not 100% accurate with the preview window (The bmp conversion already isn't 100% accurate anyway, due to the loss of quality).
    we agree too, we are on tetsting a lot of report tools and fast-report seems to be good for us. But we have tried to export a pdf and the RTF on a band is renderd on an image.
    If you do the export with parsed character into a pdf we will buy the product, or if you need we can pay for this...

bst rgds
    Ivan Revelli
    Synaptica Srl
    Italy
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    many have asked but i don't think the develper's plan anything soon.
    the best work around i have found is to use Nuance's (scansoft's) pdf printer driver
    gordk wrote: »
    many have asked but i don't think the develper's plan anything soon.
    the best work around i have found is to use Nuance's (scansoft's) pdf printer driver

But may be you can ask the developers or give them a little hint (well actually a bigger [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ) on this fact (needed feature)? We really need this feature because our generated pdfs are send to an archive system with fulltext index. So we need rtf as text and not as bitmap. Other tools or libs (e.g. wPDF or llPDFLib) can export the rtf to pdf as normal text but they have other annoying side effects. So we are glad to hear that fastreport can export rtf to pdf as text in near future. thx in advance. btw: "many have asked" - Isn't it a incentive for a company like yours?[/img]
    we have the same problem, all our PDF document are indexed by an internal system with lucene, and the images on rft area big problem
  • dschuchdschuch Dresden,Germany
    edited October 2009
    i will add us to the list to. we need that feature also.
    and we would pay for it too.
    I tried several ways to create PDF files with rtf fields from FR and found the best tool to achieve this is eDocEngine VCL from Gnostice.
    It outputs the rtf fields as text so that it can get copied and indexed.

There is an exportfilter for FR which connects the report directly to eDocEngine. You have to contact support (which is outstanding!) to get a fixed version of the exportfile. The version we got in our download printed all page empty except the last one.

The previous version which we used had a speedproblem under Vista and Server 2003 which maybe was introduced by updating the library to Delphi 2009. I don't know if this is fixed in the actual version, if someone needs a fix for this PM me and i will supply instructions to fix the issue.

I'm not connected to Gnostice in any way, just a happy user >.
  • dschuchdschuch Dresden,Germany
    khoffrath wrote: »
    I tried several ways to create PDF files with rtf fields from FR and found the best tool to achieve this is eDocEngine VCL from Gnostice.
    It outputs the rtf fields as text so that it can get copied and indexed.

There is an exportfilter for FR which connects the report directly to eDocEngine. You have to contact support (which is outstanding!) to get a fixed version of the exportfile. The version we got in our download printed all page empty except the last one.

The previous version which we used had a speedproblem under Vista and Server 2003 which maybe was introduced by updating the library to Delphi 2009. I don't know if this is fixed in the actual version, if someone needs a fix for this PM me and i will supply instructions to fix the issue.

I'm not connected to Gnostice in any way, just a happy user >.

push too.

any news here? feature for FR 5?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.