Report from stored procedure

RamyaRamya cbe
edited October 2009 in FastReport .NET
Hi,

Am using asp.net with C#.

I have a requirement to generate the report for the table which is generated dynamically. That is the select query for the table will only be generated dynamically at the time of report generation.

During the creation of the frx file, I don't know the structure of the data source. When a end user request for the report, the only thing it gives is the "Sql Query" from which a table can be generated.

How to design the frx file? I am struck up with this.

Please help me.

Thanks a lot.

Ramya

Comments

• edited 7:56PM
    Hello,

Since the sql query may return completely different column set, you have to create your report in code. You may find the info about such report creation in the Demos\C#\ReportFromCode demo.
  • RamyaRamya cbe
    edited 7:56PM
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Since the sql query may return completely different column set, you have to create your report in code. You may find the info about such report creation in the Demos\C#\ReportFromCode demo.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
    I tried with the help of the demo.
    In this, the designer file is opening. But I dont want to open the designer. Insteed the real report has to generated and opened.

What should I do for getting the report directly?

Thank you.

Ramya
  • edited 7:56PM
    Just call report.Show() instead of report.Design().
  • RamyaRamya cbe
    edited 7:56PM
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Just call report.Show() instead of report.Design().

Thanks for your kind support.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.