Cut/Paste Problem

pinbotpinbot Texas
edited 12:31PM in FastReport .NET
Having a little problem with the designer.

If I cut and paste a Text Object, the object is not pasted. When I <ctrl><v> or select paste, I can see the copy of the text object and move it with the mouse. When I click the mouse to actually paste the copied text object, it disappears.

Also, if I'm trying to place a new text object I can see the borders where it will place the new text object as I move the mouse. Again, when I click, the new text object is not placed. I have to click and drag the new text object and set the size.

It's as if when I try to place a new or copied text object the size is set to 0 (and the object is not created) even though I can see the borders of the new text object and the contents of the text object I'm trying to paste.

The new objects do not show up in the report tree.

Anyone else seen this?

Comments

• edited 12:31PM
    Sorry, I cannot reproduce this behavior in the Demo.exe.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 12:31PM

Ok. I'll just live with it. Annoying though.

I've added a video if you care to see this problem.

http://www.pseudoconsulting.com/frpaste.avi

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit, FR.Net 1.2.5

Not sure if this problem started when I switched to Windows 7.
    I don't have Window7/64bit right now, will test it later.
    Can you reproduce this in the Demo.exe?
  • pinbotpinbot Texas

Yes. Same thing:

http://www.pseudoconsulting.com/DemoPaste.avi

Noticed something:

When moving while pasting, the location indicator at the bottom left status bar always shows "-250 cm;-250 cm" although the position indicator next to the pasted object shows the current position. Maybe it's trying to paste off the page?

If I drag the mouse while pasting (to resize the pasted Text Object) it will paste correctly. It's only if I copy and then try to paste by simply clicking where I want the copied object that I have a problem.

Demo showing the "-250;-250" while moving pasted textobject:

http://www.pseudoconsulting.com/DemoPaste2.avi

The Status bar in FR Studio shows the correct pasted object's new location as I move the mouse. It's only in FR.Net that the new location shows "-250;-250"

Hope this helps

• pinbotpinbot Texas

btw,

"-250 cm;-250" cm is off the page, off the monitor, out of the computer and out of my office door. Now wonder the pasted object doesn't show up.

>
    Hello,

Since we haven't Windows7 64 here, I've tried it on machines with Windows7 32 and Vista 64. It works fine >
    wrote:
    When moving while pasting, the location indicator at the bottom left status bar always shows "-250 cm;-250 cm" although the position indicator next to the pasted object shows the current position.

Very strange - both indicators use the same method to determine the position. I have no idea >
  • pinbotpinbot Texas

Thank you for looking into it.

I found out that I can click the RIGHT mouse button while pasting and it pastes ok. If I click the left button to paste, it disappears.

Very strange.

At leaste I have a workaround.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.