ODBC Suport

edited September 2009 in FastReport .NET
Could you tell me if fastreport.net supports ODBC or is there a plugin for it?

ODBC means we could use almost any database [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Many Thanks, - Anthony[/img]

Comments

• edited 1:38PM
    Hello,

There is no ODBC support now; we will implement it later.
    ok, would you mind looking at it as soon as you can?

The reason I ask is that any software the uses mysql connector .net should be open source (connector.net is GPL *NOT* LGPL),
    or have a commercial usage license (and that costs a fair bit of money).

To avoid needing to link to mysql software, you can use ODBC as it is not dependant on mysql, it's a universal interface that can use
    mysql if the end user chooses to, the software will be completely independant of mysql, meaning I won't legally have to release the source code of my application.

Thanks,

- Anthony
    I've been looking at the mysql plugin and I don't think it'll be much different...

using system.data.odbc; ...
    MySqlConnectionStringBuilder = ODBCConnectionStringBuilder
    MySqlConnection = ODBCConnection

maybe it's just a simple change?
    I'll start to implement it in the next week. I will let you know when I finish.
    Hello,

ODBC support will be available in the next daily build (1.2.13).
    Very fast work! Thanks for this!

Are the daily builds automated, if so, what time are they available? I look forward to trying it out.

Thanks,

Anthony
    yes, it's automated process. The new build will be available in midnight (GMT+3).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.