Error: "Cannot determine conversion method."

I have a decimal field, value = 2757485250, try to show in fastreport.net field with currency format.

Error Message: "Cannot determine conversion method."

If I change the value to 275748525, no error message showed.

What is happening here ????? Can't Fastreport.net currency format handle value more than 2 billions ?

Comments

• edited 2:05AM
    I've tried to reproduce the bug:
  • edited September 2009
    Could you send me a simple project that demonstrates this?
    I used a custom object in a generic collection as the data source. Could it be the source of the problem?
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Could you send me a simple project that demonstrates this?
    I've tried to reproduce it in the Demo project (Demos\C#\Main); it has the business object datasource.
    private void CreateDataSources()
    {
      Category category = new Category("Beverages", "Soft drinks, coffees, teas, beers");
      category.Products.Add(new Product("Chai", 2757485250m));

the product.UnitPrice is of decimal type. It works well, so I still need the demo from you.
    I cannot reproduce the error. I simply remove the field in the report, add a new field from exactly the same datasource and exactly the same object property.

Then everything runs fine.

So what is actually the source of the error? Is there a chance the same error will occur on the other reports?

It's impossible to go trough all of them one by one.
    You old Text object had the highlight condition, right? Something like if Value > 100 then make text color red. In this case I can reproduce the error.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.