Problem with inherited report

thierrythierry Strasbourg, France
edited 10:31PM in FastReport .NET
Hello,

I have many problems with inherited report.

I created a report with parameters and totals.
Then, I created a report inheriting from this last one. When I save this report, parameters and totals are doubled.

Also, I moved some text objects in this inherited report. When I preview it and I close the preview window, two of these components, situated in the upper left corner, changed location.

Comments

• edited 10:31PM
    Hello,

It's by design limitations. I've stated in the user's manual:
    wrote:
    The report inheritance was designed to meet the following goal: save common report elements such as headers and footers in separate files, and reuse them in inherited reports. Do not try to use the inheritance to perform more complex tasks. In particular, avoid to do the following:

?· do not inherit the report from the inherited one (i.e. do not inherit twice);
    ?· do not use complex objects such as Table and Matrix, in the base report;
    ?· do not use script in the base report;
    ?· do not use parameters in the base report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.