XMLdatasource in FastReport gives error.

Hello,

I want to use FastReport to generate reports of xmldatasources. So I read some manuals (programmer and user manual). I downloaded the newest demo version of fastreport I added the fastreport.dll to the toolbox in Visual Studio 2008 so I can use the report Component. I added a xmlDatasource to the application and configured it. After that i added the report component, configured the datasource and then i want to design my report. This is exactly what the manual tell's me to do. But i get an error:

FastReport.Net v1.2.1
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at FastReport.Web.WebReport.FYwrii6sI(Report , IServiceProvider )
at FastReport.Web.WebReportComponentDesigner.ActionList.DesignReport()

If i uncheck the datasource in reportcomponent configuration and press on the design button everything goes well. But i dont want to add my datasource in the designer, i would like to create some own configuration with a dynamic XML data file as datasource.

Can someone help me with this ?

Thanks

Comments

• edited 9:42PM
    Hello,

Sorry, XmlDatasource is not supported now.
  • edited September 2009
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Sorry, XmlDatasource is not supported now.

why not? where is that written? In the designer tool this is not an problem. If this will work i would buy it! You know some other tool and when will this feature be added?

greetz
  • edited 9:42PM
    XmlDataSource provides data in a format that can't be used in FR.Net. So it's not supported now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.