XLS Export

Hi
I notice on the website's FASTREPORTS .net pages that the Viewer can export to an XLS format.
However I cant find this option under Save - there is an Excel XML export option, but we need an XLS option.
Does the XLS option exist, if so where is it?
Thanks
antonms

Comments

• edited 8:26AM
    Hello,

Excel XML is the one you need. You may rename the resulting file to .xls and it will be opened in any Excel version starting from Excel2003.
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Excel XML is the one you need. You may rename the resulting file to .xls and it will be opened in any Excel version starting from Excel2003.

Hi - thank you for your reply - but I really want to know if there is a .xls format export available in the Viewer, and if so where I can find it. Thanks antonms
    When you export using "XML (Excel table)" and check the "open after export" flag, the exported file will be opened in Excel.
    When you export using "XML (Excel table)" and check the "open after export" flag, the exported file will be opened in Excel.

Hi - thanks again - yes this will open the XML file in Excel however it does not produce .XLS formated i.e BIFF formatted file.
    FastReport.Net cannot produce BIFF8 file. The only option is Excel XML now. Soon we will add the .xlsx export (Excel 2007).
    FastReport.Net cannot produce BIFF8 file. The only option is Excel XML now. Soon we will add the .xlsx export (Excel 2007).

Hi AlexTZ
    That's good news. I have reviewed six .net reporting products and FAST Reports is easily the best product of them all - its a pity I need the BIFF8 format.
    Thanks
    antonms

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.