UseMAPI - changes email button to Export.

TurntwoTurntwo Folsom, CA
edited 11:54AM in FastReport .NET
I tried setting EnvironmentSettings.EmailSettings.UseMAPI = true. When I do this, the Email button in the Preview pane changes to act just like the export function (but has the email icon).
It does not open a MAPI mail client.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Jason

Comments

• edited 11:54AM
    Hello,
    wrote:
    When I do this, the Email button in the Preview pane changes to act just like the export function (but has the email icon).
    Yes, this is by design. In order to send a report by email, you need to export is first.
    wrote:
    It does not open a MAPI mail client.
    Probably your email client is not MAPI-compatible? I have Microsoft Outlook Express and The Bat! v1.6. The first is working well, the latter is not working with MAPI.
  • TurntwoTurntwo Folsom, CA
    edited 11:54AM
    I've tested this on 2 systems:
    1. Win7 w/ Outlook 2010 TP.
    2. WinXP w/ Outlook 2007.

In both cases clicking on the Email button w/ MAPI setup asks to saves to a file, and never opens the email client. It behaves exactly as the Export button behaves. Maybe this is because it is unable to open the mail client, but I would have thought Outlook 2007 would work on XP (not as surprised Outlook 2010 on Win7 doesn't).
    I see, I will try to fix this.
    Hello,

The fixed version will be available in 6 hours.
  • TurntwoTurntwo Folsom, CA
    edited 11:54AM
    Awesome. I really appreciate your quick response.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.