Export and Print button do not work in zhe IE showModalDialog and showModelessDialog window

Thanks for help!

I put WebReport control in a IE popup window,when I use javascript "window.open" to popup the IE window contain WebReport control,it work fine,I can click the "Export to selected format" button and the "Print using Adobe Acrobat" button to do the right thing.

But,using javascript "window.open" has a disadvantage:the popup window will be blocked by IE.In order to avoid this from happening,I must use javascript "window.showModalDialog" or "window.showModelessDialog" to popup the IE window contain WebReport control.But,if I do so,the two button "Export to selected format"and "Print using Adobe Acrobat" do not work then,click them can not get any response.

Pls give me some advice.thanks! >

Comments

• edited 6:49AM
    Hello,

Could you send me a demo which demonstrates the error?
    tz@fast-report.com
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Could you send me a demo which demonstrates the error?
    tz@fast-report.com

When I build the demo,I found I have made a mistake,the WebReport control work well.
    Thank you very much,AlexTZ.

Pls delete this topic.
    Hi,AlexTZ

I think I have found what is the problem:
    In the popup page,if I put "<base target="_self" />" in the <head>,"Export to selected format"and "Print using Adobe Acrobat" do not work then.
    But if I do not put "<base target="_self" />" in the <head>,click "Next Page" button in the WebReport Control will show me the second page a new IE window.

I have sent you a demo,please check.
    thanks!
    Thanks, we will check the demo and let you know.
    Hi,AlexTZ.
    Have you checked this demo and found the problem?
    Hello,

No, we haven't found the problem yet. I will let you know when we solve it.
    Two weeks have passed.

no any answer.

My customers can not use it , will kill me soon.....
    Hello,

Sorry, we have no idea how to fix it now. We write the export/print output to Page.Response, but this has no effect in modal window with target = self.
    Thanks

If you find something,please tell me.

Best regards!
    If we find suitable solution, I will let you know here.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.