Hyperlink and bookmarks

edited 10:39AM in FastReport .NET
I appreciate your patience answering all these questions AlexTZ, and I was hoping you could answer one more.

I'm preparing multiple reports and appending them to the end of the previous report, creating one long report.
My question: Is there a way to have hyperlinks in earlier report pages target pages (or bookmarks) created later? Basically, can I programmatically change the target of a hyperlink after its been prepared?

Comments

• edited 10:39AM
    Yes, it's possible.

I did a simple test:
    - I've opened "Interactive Reports|Hyperlinks, Bookmarks.frx" report and splitted it to two reports, "1.frx" (contains the first page) and "2.frx" (contains the second page)
    - in the application code, I've prepared the splitted reports in the following way:

FReport.Load("1.frx");
    RegisterData();
    FReport.Prepare();

FReport.Load("2.frx");
    RegisterData();
    FReport.Prepare(true);

FReport.ShowPrepared();

Now, if I click a hyperlink defined in the first report, it will navigate to the second report.
  • edited 10:39AM
    Awesome, thank you. I thought I was getting an error because the link's target didn't exist yet, but it was something else entirely.
    Good product, and good support. I'll be recommending this software to my company.
    Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.