How to export chinese to PDF?

FastReport .Net 1.1 released

I have noticed this in "What is new?" list:
+ added Chinese (simplified) localization

I test it,but still error.

If I set the Font to "Arial",the chinese in pdf shows as diamonds.

If I set the Font to "Arial Unicode MS",on my local machine,there is no error,but on another machine,the chinese in pdf shows as wrong character.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

thanks for help!

Comments

• edited 6:07AM
    Hello,

Arial font does not contain Chinese symbols. When you use it in Windows application to draw some text, Windows does the thing called "font substitution". It searches for another font that contains Chinese chars and uses it instead of Arial to draw these chars (note that latin characters are still drawn using Arial).

This is complex thing and it's hard to implement it in the PDF export. In fact, it's not implemented even in MS SQL Reporting Services and Crystal Report.

The solution is to use specific font to display Chinese.
  • edited 6:07AM
    Thanks for answer!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.