New Designer Component

edited 4:04AM in FastReport 4.0
Hi Friends!

I'd like to create a new FR component, that can be used right from the designer. Which class should I use as its ancestor? (maybe TfrxView?) This would be a very simple component, just draws a 3D framed rectangle using the Windows API's DrawEdge function. It looks very nice. And what should I do for this new component to appear on the palette?

TIA:Alex :-)

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:04AM
    start by reading the developer's manual
  • edited 4:04AM
    gordk wrote: »
    start by reading the developer's manual

Gordk have you read the developers manual the documentation is weak!

basswar, if you have the source to fast report, you can read threw it and see how to create them. It's much better than the help.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:04AM
    i did not say it was good or bad i said it is a place to start!
    once you get the idea of how its done then look at the units as you suggested.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.