FR.Net Textobject differs from FR Studio TfrxMemoView

pinbotpinbot Texas
edited 6:21AM in FastReport .NET
I have an invoice report I've converted from .fr3 to .frx

Which by the way is wonderful (except it'd be nice if it removed the quotes from the field names)!

I'm displaying the mailing address as
[Query.FullName]
[Query.CompanyName]
[Query.BillingAddress]

In FR Studio, the carriage returns in the billing address wrap correctly, but the same report on the same fields looks different in Fr.Net

Is there some simple setting I'm missing?

Images attached.
Img1 is from FR Studio
Img2 is from FR.Net

Same Report, Same Data

Comments

• edited 6:21AM
    The difference is GDI+ in FastReport.Net and GDI in FastReport Studio. They use different text output and measurement mechanisms, so the result is different.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 6:21AM
    Any easy way to make FR.net TextObject show multiple lines like FR Studio?

I'm assuming there are cr/lf in the field since they show correctly in FR Studio.
  • edited 6:21AM
    It seems to me that instead of CR+LF your field contains CR symbol only, which is not recognized by .Net DrawString method.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 6:21AM

You might be right.

I looked at another record and it displayed correctly. I probably have CR in some and CR+LF in others.

yuk.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.