Group header data and first data row ommit

edited May 2009 in FastReport .NET
Hi!

Is there a way to make the Databand ignore the row that is used in the Group Header?

I have the following data:

Name Time
Mike 1.20
Bob 1.20
Ted 1.25
Harry 1.27
Larry 1.27

I am trying to print something like:
Name Time
Mike 1.20
Bob -||-
Ted 1.25
Harry 1.27
Larry -||-

So if the times repeat themselves print some string. I made a Group header that contains the Name and Time columns, where the Time is the Condition. I made the same two columns in the Data band - with the Time column being the desired string.

But at the moment I am getting the following:
Name Time
Mike 1.20
Mike -||-
Bob -||-
Ted 1.25
Ted -||-
Harry 1.27
Harry -||-
Larry -||-

So how can I make the databand skip the first row since its already printed as the group header? Is there any way to use an Expression that makes an IF sentence with the previous row or maybe a Filter of some sort?

Thanks
Miha

Comments

• edited 2:18AM
    Hello,

Instead of using a group, try to use "Duplicates" property of the Text object. Set it to "Hide" or "Clear".
  • edited May 2009
    Hi!

Ok, that hides the times that are equal. But is there a way to set it to some string? For aesthetics sake >
    It can be done by putting another Text object (with "-//-" text in it) behind the object with duplicate data. You need to set Duplicates to Hide, and also set non-transparent background for the object with duplicate data.
    Nice hack ... it works. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.