FastReport Designer available?

edited 7:42AM in FastReport 4.0
I was checking EMS SQL MAnager for Interbase & Firebird, which has a Report Designer as menu item. This is a FastReport tool using TFIBDatabase and TFIBQuery. I need to use it from the command line / Scheduler, but that function is not supplied.
So I started to look at FastReport itself.

1. Does FastReport 4.0 VCL provide a Report Designer as separate executable which can be run outside the Delphi environment, such that I can design my reports in the same way as with EMS SQL Manager?
2. If so, where can it be found and how is it named?
3. Can someone explain how to start the Designer from the Delphi IDE? I do not think there is a component for that, or is there?
4. So, when I want to use a Designer, is it sufficient to acquire FastReport 4.0 VCL or should I buy something else?

Regards,

Franz

Comments

• MSCMSC
    edited 7:42AM
    Hi Franz,

depending on version of Fastreport VCL you have a runtime designer. This is an exe and a dll... pls. see documentation of fastreport studio...

an example of commandline use of fastreport.exe:
    fastreport /show /nologo /param="SDGID=''variable1'';ADRID=''variable2'';SDGIDA=''variable3'';" c:\testSQL.fr3

you can also use a batch file...

have fun

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.