Same id name "gotcha"

pinbotpinbot Texas
edited 12:42AM in FastReport .NET

I've created some custom SQL queries for my .net report.

By default the names of these are "Table","Table1","Table2", etc.

I was up to "Table6".

To display the data from this table, I copied an existing TableObject.

You guessed it, FR.Net made it "Table6" also.

I designed the report and viewed it just fine. After displaying the preview, my TableObject Table6 was deleted and my parameters for my SQL Object were deleted.

Simple fix really, just rename one of the objects, either the SQL or TableObject.

I believe FR Studio would warn you if two objects had the same name.

No video this time!

:-)

Comments

• edited 12:42AM
    How did you copy the TableObject? Clipboard operations are disabled for database objects.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 12:42AM
    TableObject is the "Table" icon at the left that you can drag/drop on the report.

Picture attached.

You can copy/past that and it uses the same naming convention "tablexxx" as creating a sql query.

It just happened that an SQL query and a TableObject both had a design id if "Table6". After previewing, FR.Net deleted my TableObject and erased my Query's parameters.

• edited 12:42AM
    I see now, thanks. The fixed version will be available later today.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 12:42AM
    Thanks for the quick fix.

I figured it would be easy, just default the custom SQL queries to something like "Queryxxx" instead of "Tablexxx" .

Bryan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.