Upgrade policy

edited 6:44AM in FastReport 3.0
Hi

I bought Fastreport V2.51 about a month ago. What is the upgrade policy.

Thanks

Comments

• edited 6:44AM
    All registered users of FastReport 2.xx will receive FastReport 3.0 BE for free.
    Whats the cost on fr3 going to be like?
    Prices are not formed yet.
    Upgrade 2.51->3.0 is for free - OK, but... I wouldn't mind paying a small amount for this upgrade if it contains major improvements and you'd engage a student from this money (some hours a week) maintaining the forum ;)

Anyway - I really like FR 2.51 so I'm shure to upgrade to 3.0 independent from costs.

Kind regards,

Mark
    Free is only FR2.51->FR3.0 BE (basic edition). All other editions (standard, pro, ee) will not be free.
    What's differences between editions ( basic edition, standard, pro, ee) ? ;)
    basic: no run-time designer, no scripts, no dialog forms, no sources (users of FR2.x get this version for free)
    std: no run-time designer, no sources (users of FR2.x who also bought FastScript get this version for free)
    pro: no sources
    ee: everything included
    It's like a car manufacturer who saied you will get our new super model for FREE but without engine and without wheels. But it's for FREE.
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>NO thank you</span></span>.
    ;) ;) ;) ;)
  • edited March 2004
    Your association is wrong - basic edition has everything what you need to create complicated reports. And definitely it has an engine ;)
    I will not migrate to FR3.0 because with my actual FR2.51 I have run-time designer, dialog forms and sources.
    Sorry!

I don't force you to migrate to FR3.0. It has a different structure and you just can't replace FR2.5 with FR3.0 in existing projects without lot of coding. It is better to use FR3.0 in a new project.
    PS: when you try FR3.0 you will want to migrate to it ;)
    ;) thank you. I wil see.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.