Start on Second page and PDF Export

edited April 2009 in FastReport .NET
Hello,
Thank you for your support.
And I have two questions.

First,I have a report file.when priview,it always start on second page,and first page is blank.
I don't know why.

Second, about pdf export.In the Report, the required use of Chinese characters.But when i export pdf ,i must use "Arial Unicode MS"
font.but my System end-user do not have the fonts,so they must to install the fonts.They think that is very troublesome.
so,is there other ways to support the export of Chinese characters?

Please check the attachment!

Comments

• SamuraySamuray Administrator
    edited 12:27AM
    wrote:
    First,I have a report file.when priview,it always start on second page,and first page is blank.
    I don't know why.
    You have to click right mouse button on your databand and uncheck the "Start new page" property.
    wrote:
    Second, about pdf export.In the Report, the required use of Chinese characters.But when i export pdf ,i must use "Arial Unicode MS"
    font.but my System end-user do not have the fonts,so they must to install the fonts.They think that is very troublesome.
    Our PDF export can work with any unicode fonts, but we will try to make font substitution in one of next builds.
  • edited 12:27AM
    Samuray wrote: »
    I don't know why.
    You have to click right mouse button on your databand and uncheck the "Start new page" property.
    Our PDF export can work with any unicode fonts, but we will try to make font substitution in one of next builds.

Hello,
    First

Please check the Attachment. I didn't check the "Start new page" property.
    And In the report,it didn't use databand.

Second
    For my customers have complained to the PDF Export.
    but I want to know when will finish "font substitution"?

Hello,

Most likely, you have a really big band which doesn't fit on a page. In this case, it will be moved to the next page. Try to make it smaller, or enable its "CanBreak" property. In the patter case, the band will be splitted across pages.
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Most likely, you have a really big band which doesn't fit on a page. In this case, it will be moved to the next page. Try to make it smaller, or enable its "CanBreak" property. In the patter case, the band will be splitted across pages.

AlexTZ, thank you for your answer very much.The first issue has been resolved.

And the second issue,i want to known it has another way to solve it in current version.

Check attachment!
  • SamuraySamuray Administrator
    edited 12:27AM
    And the second issue,i want to known it has another way to solve it in current version.

Check attachment!
    Current version of PDF export support only unicode fonts. We are working now on this issue - please wait.

Check attachment!
    Current version of PDF export support only unicode fonts. We are working now on this issue - please wait.

Thank you for your answne.
    And could you please tell me how long i will wait for.
    For my sysytem's end-user has urged me.
    Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.