Chart?

Fast-Report.NET Support Chart?!

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Hello,

We working on this now. Three options will be available:
    - native charts (set of common chart types, simple)
    - wrapper for Microsoft Charts
    - wrapper for Dundas Charts

I can't say when it will be finished.
  • edited 4:57AM
    AlexTZ wrote: »

Hi,

I understand it's hard to guess, but at least approximately i wish you would say (after month, two, half year).? 

For my project I need charts. So I'd like to know if I should wait for it or if I have to look for something else.
    Hello,

I'm finishing the MS Chart wrapper. I guess it will be ready in this weekend.
    Hello,

I'm finishing the MS Chart wrapper. I guess it will be ready in this weekend.

Great news. Thank you for answer

• pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 4:57AM
    So no TeeChart?

:-)

Can we use the Microsoft chart controls in VS2005?

No TeeChart now (maybe, we'll add it later...)
    Yes, you can use MS Chart in VS 2005. I'm using it now.
    Here are two screenshots of this object. It's almost ready, I need 1-2 days to polish the work.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 4:57AM
    Very Nice!

I notice that you have new versions almost daily but when you click on "Changes.txt" it's ALWAYS:

version 0.2 beta

Is there anyway to know what has changed to see if I want to install the latest? I'm waiting to try the charts but don't want to install everything in between.

Bryan

We will start to update this file when FR.Net will be released. I'll post here when charts will be finished.
    Hello,

Chart control is ready to use. See "Chart" category in the demo.
    Hello,
    Chart control is ready to use. See "Chart" category in the demo.

Hi,? 

nice job. I tested it and in designer everything works fine. But creating chart in code didn't get to success. It looks like my new MSChartObject isn't properly initialized. So wouldn't be there some little example?.

Thanks

Hello,

Here is a simple example of how to create chart in code. You need to add references to FastReport.MSChart.dll and System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll.
    using FastReport.MSChart;
    using System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting;

ReportPage page = report.Pages[0] as ReportPage;

// create MSChartObject
          MSChartObject chart = new MSChartObject();
          chart.Parent = page.ReportTitle;
          chart.Width = 8 * Units.Centimeters;
          chart.Height = 8 * Units.Centimeters;
          chart.CreateUniqueName();

// add column series
          MSChartSeries series = chart.AddSeries(SeriesChartType.Column);

// connect chart to data
          chart.DataSource = report.GetDataSource("MatrixDemo");
          series.XValue = "[MatrixDemo.Name]";
          series.YValue1 = "[MatrixDemo.ItemsSold]";

• hi alex
    i m trying to use the chart but i havent successed it.
    i m using vs2005 and i download the Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
    i havent seen it on the toolbox fastreport design
    and i put the using block that:

using FastReport.MSChart;
    using System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting;

and i have got errors in the picture

Thanks
    Here is an information from user's manual:

To work with Microsoft Chart, FastReport uses the FastReport.MSChart.dll plugin. You need to connect this plugin to FastReport environment. To do this:

?· put the FastReport.MSChart.dll file in the same folder with your application's executable;
    ?· run the FastReport designer and choose the "View|Options..." menu item;
    ?· in the dialog window, switch to the "Plugins" tab, press the "Add" button and choose the FastReport.MSChart.dll file;
    ?· in order for changes to take an effect, you have to restart FastReport. If you work with FastReport from Visual Studio, restart it as well.
    ?· as a result, you will see the "MS Chart" object in the "Objects" toolbar.

The plugin can also be attached programmatically. To do this, add the FastReport.MSChart.dll file to the "References" list of your project. Write the following code somewhere at the application start:

new FastReport.MSChart.AssemblyInitializer();

• AlexTZ wrote: »
    Here is an information from user's manual:

To work with Microsoft Chart, FastReport uses the FastReport.MSChart.dll plugin. You need to connect this plugin to FastReport environment. To do this:

?· put the FastReport.MSChart.dll file in the same folder with your application's executable;
    ?· run the FastReport designer and choose the "View|Options..." menu item;
    ?· in the dialog window, switch to the "Plugins" tab, press the "Add" button and choose the FastReport.MSChart.dll file;
    ?· in order for changes to take an effect, you have to restart FastReport. If you work with FastReport from Visual Studio, restart it as well.
    ?· as a result, you will see the "MS Chart" object in the "Objects" toolbar.

The plugin can also be attached programmatically. To do this, add the FastReport.MSChart.dll file to the "References" list of your project. Write the following code somewhere at the application start:

hi alex thanks for fast answer
    but i havent used yet chart. same problems are keeping on
    i m working on web application
    i ve referenced the FastReport.MSChart.dll to bin folder.
    in the Plugins tab i ve added the FastReport.MSChart.dll and restarted the fast report
    and i i run the fast report the same problems has occured
    thanks
    You have to add References to FastReport.MSChart.dll and System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll. In order to initialize plugin, run this code:

• thanks alex
    but i m sorry i ve not successed. i m sending you pictures which will tell you that i did
    i ve done what you said. i ve not understood what is my fault
    i think there are diffirent problems
  • alex
    i had to do something else after when i downloaded the mschart.exe and installed it
    Ok, I see the problem. It seems I have to include chart into the main library, FastReport.dll. I will try to do it today, so you can test it in the tomorrow's build.
  • AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

We working on this now. Three options will be available:
    - native charts (set of common chart types, simple)
    - wrapper for Microsoft Charts
    - wrapper for Dundas Charts

hi alex
    the dundas charts are good.
    when will you add the dundas charts in to the fastreport.
    Hello,

I've already added MSChart into FastReport.dll code, so it's a standard FastReport object now. No need to plug-in it anymore, and no need to use other charting solutions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.