Reports not previewing

I am using Delphi 5 as my programming platform. I have tried to use 2.46 and 2.51 and the same thing is happening. When the reports try to preview, it brings up a proccessing box for about a 1/10th of a second then nothing else happens. I can bring the designer up without a problem, but when I try to open a report I receive an access vilolation in module msjet40.dll. After I bypass this error it will bring up the report. I can then preview just fine. When I go back to my program and click one of the reports it will bring up the one I just opened in the designer whether I chose that report or one of the others, it will still bring up the one I opened in the designer.

Thank you.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:28AM
    If you are going to preview within the IDE make sure you have viewed the datamodule form once before trying to preview a report. I too have seen this strange behavior.
    regards
    gord
  • edited 4:28AM
    It is not just in the IDE that this problem occurs. It occurs the same way when running the direct executable.
    can you run the fastreport\demos\reports\frdemo.dpr and see a preview?
    regards
  • edited October 2003
    Actually, yes I can. Why would that work and not the reports in my program?
    Since the demo project based on bde, runs ok for you and the message involves the msjet.dll I would expect something involving the data components that access the ms jet engine is amiss. Need more info about your environment. Which data components which os and which versions.
    regards

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.