FastReport 2.44 to FastReport.NET

Hi all,

I have a old delphi application with many FastReport 2.44 reports and I will migrate this application to C# using FastReport.NET.

Can I transform the old *.frf files to new files for FastReport.NET?

Comments

• edited 10:56PM
    Hello,

Direct conversion frf -> frx is impossible, there is no such converter. However you can convert frf->fr3, then fr3->frx.
    See here how to convert frf->fr3: http://www.fast-report.com/en/forum/?p=/discussion/3719

To convert .fr3 files to a new .frx format, do this:
    - download the latest version of FastReport 4 (you can even use the trial version)
    - add the "frxSaveFRX" unit into your uses list
    - run report designer, go "File|Save as...", choose the file type - "FastReport.Net file".

This converter does not perform 100% conversion; you need to change the .frx file. The following items are not converted:
    - script (you need to convert pascal code to c# code)
    - expressions (you need to convert pascal functions like Copy, Pos, ... to C# functions)
    - data fields (add datasources, replace < > with [ ], remove " " around field name)
    - totals (you have to replace aggregate functions like Sum, Min, Max with totals - you need to create the total in the "Data" window)
    - charts and vertical bands are not converted because FR.Net does not have an equivalent for this
    - cross-tab is not converted; I will add this later.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.