A couple of questions

edited 12:06PM in FastCube
Hi, I just downloaded the demo version of FastCube 1.4.

The first thing I did was creating a TADODatabase connection and a query to a PostgreSql database, the query only retrieves 10 records and 3 fields, "IDCustomer", "FirstName" and "LastName" it's really small and fast. I linked the query (TDataSet descendant) to a Slice, then the slice to the Cube.

1) When I start my sample application, it takes ages to show the data. Why is it so slow?.
2) How to get data from a different source, like an Array?.
3) What is an .mdc file? if this file is the data to be shown in the Cube, how can I create the file by programming?.

Thanks,
Leonardo.

Comments

• edited 12:06PM
    Hi.

1. Excuse, I have not understood You. What problem?
    2. Source of the data can be only successors TDataSet in this version FastCube.
    Version 2 will support loading the user data.
    3. .mdc is a file with the data kept from FastCube. You can create it only using TfcSlice.

Oleg.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.