Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4764040E-4222-4DEC-9F2E-82D46E212B3A} fai

Hi all,

I am using :
1. Windows XP-Visual Studio 2005
2.FastReport Studio Trial

I have used FastReport Studio (FastReport3.dll) in my ASP.NET website project,Every thing is ok and execute my project and generate report in local IIS of VS2005 BUT when i publish it and run in IIS ( localhost) on my server, the error comes as

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4764040E-4222-4DEC-9F2E-82D46E212B3A} failed due to the following error: 80040154

Please note that we have tried registering the fastreport3.dll. The error is still present .Can anyone please let us know a solution for the same?...

Your quick response would be really appreciated.

Comments

• edited 6:51PM
    Copy fastreport3.dll into IIS accessible directory (under C:\Intepub directory) and register it manually by regsvr32.exe fastreport3.dll
  • edited 6:51PM
    hi,
    i did it befor but my problem wasn't solved.
    thanks and best regards

• pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 6:51PM

I had a similar error when trying to use the fastreport3.dll under a 64 bit program.

Maybe your development machine is 32 bit and your server 64?

Make sure you target 32 bit in your .net application.

Hope that helps.

Bryan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.