Problems with 1.4

edited 4:42PM in FastScript
I just installed v1.4 and got many problems, so that I had to return to 1.3.

First of all: Why did you change the type of errorpos to string? This makes no sens to me. In my application I use it to move the cursor to the position of the error in the script.
o.k. this was not a big problem to solve.

Another problem is, that you changed something with the uses of different scriptlanguages. I allways got exceptions and the scripts didn't work. After some debugging I found out that I had to include tfspascal into the uses list of my application, that it works. I couldn't find that in the release notes.
After solving this problem I got the next one.

The next problem is that there seems to be an incompatibility between the ilcode of 1.3 and 1.4.
In my application I store the ilcode of the scripts in a database, because of performance issues. Now, after installing 1.4 all stored scripts do not work.

After some testing with getting a lot of errors, I returned to v1.3

Now I am hoping, that there will be some corrections to 1.4 or a better dosumentation of the changes, so that I can adapt my applicatoin to get it work without stepping through the whole source of fastscript.

cu
Helmut

Comments

• edited 4:42PM
    1), 2) - both issues were in announce email.
    3) of course IL code was changed, it's an internal FS stuff and may change in new versions. I never state about IL compatibility.
  • edited March 2004
    You are right, it is announced in the release notes, that the type of errorpos is changed. This was a little problem for me, allthough I don't understand why you changed that. Could you explain?

In the releasenotes there is a note about the languagesplitting

"* languages are splitted to components TfsPascal, TfsCPP, TfsJScript, TfsBasic"

but there is no word about the need to inlude fs_ipascal in the uses list of the application.
    The compiler even doesn't tell me that there is somthing wrong. I had to look into the source, why my script doesn't understand pascal. Then I saw the initialization section of fspascal.

For the compatibility of the il code: it would be great if you tell it in the release notes if there is an incombatibility with the ilcode of the previous version.
    Than I hav to make a conversion of all scripts, as I safe them in a database as ilcode.

Another problem I decovered in conjunction with tchart6.5 I get an error when compiling fastscript package I get an error in the unit fs_ichartrtti.pas

AddClass(TChartBrush, 'TBrush');

Error: unknown identifier TChartBrush

As a workaround I remove this line, but I think this could not be the solution.

cu
    Helmut
  • edited 4:42PM
    ErrorPos/SourcePos was the plain text position. To convert plain position to line/column, you should have source script text. What if you use IL and don't have a source?

Regarding TeeChart: I have only version shipped with Delphi, so I can't test FS with TeeChart Pro (but I was thinking they are fully compatible). I guess you can just comment out that line.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.