Update FR.Net in VS2005

pinbotpinbot Texas
edited 1:18AM in FastReport .NET
I downloaded the FRNet_0_46_Web.exe and am trying to update my 1.0.16 .Net. It uninstalled the previous version and it asked for my key when installing.

The Demo now says 1.0.46 (beta) but when I add a report from the toolbox in VS2005, the Help/About still shows 1.0.16 (beta).

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Bryan

Comments

• edited 1:18AM
    Hello,

Most likely VS caches its toolbox somewhere. When you put the Report component on a form and run its designer, it will display the actual version number in the "About" box.
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 1:18AM
    I opened a new VS project and put a report on it.

The report designed help/about still shows 1.0.16 (beta). The demo designer help/about shows 1.0.46.

I've attached screen caps of the help/about from both designers.

Bryan.

• pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 1:18AM

ok. Figured it out.

I had made the toolbox item point to a previously downloaded fr.net Demo .dll

When I uninstalled the Fr.net Demo and reconfigured the VS toolbox to point to the correct dll it now shows the right version in VS.

Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.