Expressions in Fast Report

Hi Alex,

I'm progressing with Fast Report, as Beta version, it looks unbeatable, we decided it to use it even if we have to wait for a bit more time.

I have 2 questions:

1. I'm trying to use this expression in the Filter section:

[myField.starttime] == [prmDateFrom] AND [myField.starttime] <= [prmDateTo];

but it gives me an error : Error CS 1200

What do I do wrong in that? Is there are some documents/manual one how to use Fast Report Expressions?

2. Can we buy Fast Report.net now, or do we have to wait for the final release?

Thanks,

John,

Comments

• edited 1:53AM
    John,

1) The manual is not ready yet; it covers the use of expressions.
    The expression must be written in language that you chose for a report (in the "Report|Options..." menu). By default, it is C# language, so your expression should look as follows:

[myField.starttime] == [prmDateFrom] && [myField.starttime] <= [prmDateTo]

2) If you want you can buy it here: http://www.fast-report.com/en/buy/order-FASTREPORT.NET.html.
    Thanks for your reply, it works now, but the problem is this:

1. I have to send the Date value from C# application as (Text) not as date type.

So, the expression requires prmDateFrom to be Date type, Can I use Text type and put it this way:

[myField.starttime] == "#"& [prmDateFrom] &"#"

or

[myField.starttime] == #12/12/2000#

To clear it more, How can I convert the String value to Date value in Fast Report Expression.

Thank you,

Try this way:

[myField.starttime] == DateTime.Parse([prmDateFrom])

but the better solution is to pass date as DateTime, not as String.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.