Problem with Session Variables

This is my first test application using FR.NET with ASP.NET. I faced problems with Session Variables in the following situations:

Using Cookieless Environment

If I work in Cookieless environment (sessionState cookieless="true" in web.config) then after FR displays the first page (it has 10 pages in all) it throws an error that points to a Session Variable. Apparently when it goes back to pull the 2nd page, it has already lost the Session Variables.

Using Cookie Environment

If I work in cookie enabled environment (sessionState cookieless="false" in web.config) then FR display all pages in the report without any problem. However when I click at "Back" button in the Web Browser it displays typical "Session Expired" error page. In short, I cannot go back to the calling page, and instead have to abruptly terminate the application.

Please provide some guidelines to fix this problem.

Tariq Changgez

Comments

• edited 3:17PM
    ASP part is in development now, we will try to solve this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.