Migrtaion questions

I have been using FR for years but the new FR Net is really amazing, with many of features that I have waiting for a long time.

Now I migrating our BC++ application to C# and I have some questions:

1- Do you have a tentative date to offer a conversion tool from fr3 to the new format?

2- I know that 100% of importation is not possible, also we save some custom tags in the fr3 file. Will you provide with the conversor sources so we can improve the conversion according each customer scenario?

3- Are the sources of FastReport .Net provided or there is an option?

4-Does it support Firebird as database?

5-Does it support the FR4 scripts? or do they need to rewritten to Net language?

Thank you and congratulations

Comments

• edited 5:46PM
    Hello,

1) the converter is shipped with FR4 now. To use it:
    - download the latest version of FastReport 4
    - add the "frxSaveFRX" unit into your uses list
    - run report designer, go "File|Save as...", choose the file type - "FastReport.Net file".

This converter does not perform 100% conversion; you need to change the .frx file. The following items are not converted:
    - script (you need to convert pascal code to c# code)
    - expressions (you need to convert pascal functions like Copy, Pos, ... to C# functions)
    - data fields (add datasources, replace < > with [ ], remove " " around field name)
    - totals (you have to replace aggregate functions like Sum, Min, Max with totals - you need to create the total in the "Data" window)
    - charts and vertical bands are not converted because FR.Net does not have an equivalent for this
    - cross-tab is not converted; I will add this later.

2) the frxSaveFRX.pas file is included with all editions of FR4 except Basic.
    3) the sources are included with FastReport.Net Pro edition.
    4) yes, it does. See the attachment.
    5) FastReport.Net uses native C#/VB.Net scripting, so you have to convert all scripts manually.
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I have few questions more:

1) Do you plan to include vertical bands in a future? If not, is there a way to get a similar result with the FR .Net?

2) Is there discount for current users? I cannot see it in the purchase page.

3) Do you have a tentative date for ASP.NET support?

Thanks

1) there is "Table" object in the FastReport.Net - it allows much more than vertical bands.
    2) yes, there is a discount for FR VCL/FR Studio users. Contact sales@fast-report.com to get a discount coupon. When the FR.Net will be released we will add this info in the customer panel.
    3) it is in development now, but you can use it. See my post here: http://www.fast-report.com/en/forum/?p=/discussion/4811

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.