Installing FR to work with IIS (or other users)

Hello,

I am currently evaluating FR-Studio. One thing I noticed: After installing FR-Studio using admin-account, other users get a 80040154 error. This can be fixed by installing FRStudio using the other users account. It seems FR installs some keys in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Branch of the registry.

But what do I have to do if I want to use FR from within an ASP.net Page. IIS uses impersonation - do I have to install/register FR using the IWAM_xxx account?

What do I have to do to use the com-server from all user accounts and especially to use it from ASP?

Regards,

Matthias

Comments

• edited 7:00PM
    I think that there is no problem in case of manual registration the redistributable DLL by means of regsvr32.exe fastreport3.dll in IIS accessible directory.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.