FR studio 4 + VB6 + SQL Server 2000

Hi,

i??m beginning in FR and already read all examples, but still haven??t found what i looking for. What I need it to do is connect to database SQL Server 2000 and display the information in FR.
Can someone post an example using a database? This needs to be done in vb6 if possible

Regards >

Comments

• edited 5:59PM
    We are using ADO engine as default engine to access to databases.
    There are two ways to access to database - built-in into report ADO objects or dynamically created ADO objects.

There are 3 objects:

TfrxADODatabase is an object that provides access to database
    TfrxADOTable is an object for access to database tables
    TfrxADOQuery is an object that access data based on SQL query

Simple way is to incorporate these objects into report. So, your application may obtain these objects by its name and dynamically change parameters. For example: ADO connection string, table relation, SQL query and so on.

Another way is to create ADO objects dynamically and link them with data bands. This way is more complicated and does not allow create reports without stanalone designer.

Our examples demostrate both ways to access to databases.

I suggest to create new application with these steps:
    1. Create a simple report by means of standalone designer. This report should depends on your SQL Server 2000.
    2. Write simple VB6 application that used report that has been created at stage 1. (LoadReport, ShowReport)
    3. Modify your application to dynamically change Database, Table, or Query properties.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.