Print simple report on Esc POS printer

BoskoBosko Belgrade, Serbia
edited October 2008 in FastReport .NET
Is it possible to print a report on such a printer?

It is "RawText" printer, normally installed in Windows enviroment, usually set as "Generic/Text Only" printer driver?

We would like to print simple reports, with no pictures and complex objects on it, just repeating text in a report from datasource...

We tried setting the width of paper to 58 mm, but we need to setthe paper (page) height in printer settings of the report, otherwise we are getting scrabmled text.

These printers are using "Continuous Paper - No Break" settings, and that is what we need.

We are able to print correct report on such a printer, but we would like to know if this option of continuous paper height is somehow supported in FR.

If not, I think we can manage to print it with some default page height, which will do the job.

Check this one we are trying to build:

download URL: http://www.ghc.rs/app/escposprinter.fpx

(I can't add attachments to forum, in some reason, so I left it for download)

Comments

• edited 8:55AM
    FastReport does not handle such option (btw, how to do this? the PrintDocument class that is used in the FR does not have such option). It just prints to the printer you have selected, page-by-page.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.