as to make the daily jobs convenient

Comments

• CharlesCharles china
    edited 8:40PM
    Charles wrote: »
    i am responsible for the maintanece of a project ,
    and the project`s reports are designed using fr3.09,
    but the report s in all projects i have ever designed are
    made by fr3.0. so under this situiation ,i wanna transform fr3.09 into fr3.0 so
    as to make the daily jobs convenient

guys may i have your attention?
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    this does not make sense, it is like saying my customer has a project created in delphi7 and i want to maintain it in delph3. if you are maintaining a project's reports that uses a newer version of fr you should be using that version
  • CharlesCharles china
    gordk wrote: »
    this does not make sense, it is like saying my customer has a project created in delphi7 and i want to maintain it in delph3. if you are maintaining a project's reports that uses a newer version of fr you should be using that version

thanx for your reply
    but how can i transform fr2.25 or fr3.07 into fr3.09 version,
    is it a heavy job to do? for there are many reports of all the projects designed in fr3.07 while some fr3.09 and some fr2.25.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    in most cases a report produced in 3.07 can be read and run in 3.09, or you could just open in design mode and click save as.
    It always amazes me that when updates within a version are free many don't update!
    you have a bigger problem converting from 2.25 to ver3 as they are 2 entirely different formats,class structure etc., and is a major undertaking.
    i would suggest you first check your user download page to see what versions are available to you.
    IIRC, ver2 last was 2.55 and version3 was 3.53. enhancements to 3 continued in ver4 which uses the fr3 file format.
    since this is a major project you may want to consider moving all the way to FR4.
    in either case here is my suggestion, dl last version of fr2 open and save '.frf" files in the fr2.XX format, Do not choose to save in fr3 format.
    depending upon which version 3 or 4 you decide to convert to in your app add the fr2xto30 conversion unit to your uses clause this will allow you to open fr2 version files in fr3 or 4 designer.
    read the conversion issues notes pinned to the fr4 forum they apply to both 3 and 4.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.