Error when opening Form containing Fastcube Components

Delphi 10.4.1

Fastcube 2.11

Since update to above versions a form in one of my apps (Windows) will no longer open but gets an access violation error message.

Have attached Eurekalog bug report which, if I understand this correctly, indicates problem with tFCXSlice component (see call stack).

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Bill Zwirs

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia

G'day Bill,

How did you "update" to both 10.4.1 and 2.11.??

Did you do a full uninstall of FastCube before installing your current version? Did you run the Recompile.exe?

We find the only fully reliable way to go from one release to another (even for a minor "patch" Release) is to completely remove the existing FastCube (or FastReport) installation first. Tedious but it ensures no odd bits and pieces left behind to cause the sorts of problems you are having...

Cheers, Paul

• Delphi 10.4.1 I did uninstall but kept settings so don't have to reinstall all the components. Fastcube 2.11, did full uninstall and reinstall then recompile. Tried 2.11.2 but was having trouble with the recompile so went back to 2.11.

The strange thing is that I also use Fastcube in another program (exact same setup) but don't have any trouble with that one.

Maybe I should do a complete uninstall of Delphi 10.4.1 (settings and all) and complete reinstall of everything!

Bill

• PolomintPolomint Australia

G'day Bill,

We also have 10.4.1 and 2.11.2. But all is working AOK.

One thought: have you checked the Library Path values for "Fast" Components?

Cherrs, Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.